Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Yuri Gagarin Day!

Okay, so I'm a couple of days late, but I wanted to do something special for my first post - and what could be more special than the 50th anniversary of the first man in space?

http://searchengineland.com/yuri-gagarin-google-spaceflight-logo-logo-72562

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Yuri Gagarin - a true hero. 



I really liked the style of the Google logo, and when looking for old sci-fi stuff to put on my blog I came across this.  Mindblowing!  And perfect for the spec-fic blog I've been thinking about starting.  So thank-you.*

I can't help but think that the Google kids were inspired by him.  I certainly was.**


So...What's this blog all about anyway?***

Glad you asked.  It is (or it will be) a blog on Speculative Fiction.****  What's happening locally (Adelaide / South Australia / Australia).  Some insights from a geek and (wannabe) writer, and possibly even some humour (you're laughing with me right)?



*  The layout may change, I've tried looking for Gennady Golobokov, but my lack of any Russian ability is hindering me, so if anyone has any advice, I'll be thankful.

**  'inspired by' sounds so much nicer than 'ripped off').

*** Or: wow, you sure do rabbit on don't you - what's all that got to do with spec-fic?

****  Speculative Fiction - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speculative_fiction - I use it as a over-reaching term to refer to science-fiction, fantasy, gothic, horror, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment